Thursday, January 22, 2009

Back in the saddle!

FINALLY!!! Last night as I got up on the keyboard to lead worship I had this wonderful familiar feeling that I hadn't felt since the Origins Conference. I know that God brought us here to accomplish something amazing for His kingdom...and last night I felt and saw a tiny glimpse of that. I've genuinely missed the presence of God that I only feel when worshiping. I KNOW that I was created to lead people into the awesome presence of God! I have no greater joy than knowing that God has put something in me that I'm able to use to touch His people in such a deep intimate way.

I know also that Craig was feeling a little bit of the same thing. He got to preach for the first time last night since the Origins conference, and it rocked! He spoke about our destiny and not trading it for anything, but pursuing the call of God on our lives. God is good.

We are happy to be here. I've learned that true joy and happiness are found in God alone and His will for my life is so much greater and more wonderful than anything I could ever make up for myself. It's not easy, for sure, following His leading no matter where it leads. Leaving amazing job security, family, dear dear friends and stability was not fun or easy by any means. But the peace of being in the CENTER of God's PERFECT will for us is...wow, it just is. I have no other words to describe His greatness. He is amazing, majestic, awesome, glorious, and worthy of EVERYTHING I am and all that I have. How could I not give Him everything for all He's given to me. I am blessed beyond words.

3 comments:

  1. Get outa here!!! Here you are! We've been waiting! (the world outside of facebook, that is!) :) Good to hear your heart, and how well you are, and how GREAT God is. It's pretty incredible to trace His signature through our life circumstances, huh!? Are there any Revolution Church podcasts in the works???

    ReplyDelete
  2. No there are not...but we're working on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CARA: ...wow, it just is. I have no other words to describe His greatness. He is amazing, majestic, awesome, glorious, and worthy of EVERYTHING I am and all that I have. How could I not give Him everything for all He's given to me. I am blessed beyond words.
    The last Sunday I saw you guys, I had a dream the night before. You and Craig were walking 'through this process', your arms were extended up to Heaven and both of you were just looking around in absolute disbelief and wonderment. The song "Amazed" (Jared Anderson, Desperation Band) was playing in the dream, and it just exemplified the childlike faith that you guys are exhibiting through this season. That was the last time I saw either of you. It's refreshing to see those words you typed!

    Chris Flynn

    ReplyDelete